Saturday, July 25, 2009

April 26, 2009

This is the first of hopefully several posts. I'll keep this one brief - as I am also watching a movie - Cripple Creek, to be exact. So far, looks very cheesy, but it does have the promise that it's based on true events....... and we all know how those go.

A word of warning about the "caution" at the beginning: there is no x rated content in any of these posts, I simply dislike having to watch what I say.

So, as the description says, I'm starting in this to hopefully be forced into sticking with my diet. A month and a half ago, I went to my doctor with problems concerning my periods to get some pain medication. We got into a discussion about the weight I'd been trying to lose despite the fact I'd been going to the gym for quite a few months! The doc suggested some tests to see if I was "insulin resistant".... wth? I had no idea what that was, he had also gone over the weight loss clinic that is in the doc's office now, and I figured it was some sort of tactic to make money. I also figured it would be quite a BIT of money.... something any mother (bio and step) of 7 children does NOT have.

I did the tests, not expecting much, but found I had a high sugar level. There were more tests done, at which point I was told I was early diabetic. The doc prescribed medication - Metformin, and said the diet I would be given in the weight loss clinic would help. Also turns out that since the weight loss program would actually help with the diabetes, it would be covered under the insurance, and I would only have my co-pay. $20 bucks once a month for the visit, $4 once a month for my Metformin.

Keeping in mind that I had been visiting the gym regularly for almost a year, in my first visit, I had lost 15% of my body fat, and 10 pounds. Now, for those who aren't aware, muscle weighs more than fat. So lowering the body fat by 15% is huge, and although there was only a 10 lb different, there's 2 sizes difference in my clothes!

I won't be including my actual weight - not yet! I am including a few pictures, and they are of me at my heaviest, but I haven't taken any since.



Goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment